- Tuesday, March, 19, 2013 Product Focus: Around The Spa
While making a big buy can be fun, everyone knows it’s just as fun to enjoy the accessories that go with it. With that in mind, the hot tub industry offers a slew of products that accompany hot tubs to add just a little more magic to your customer’s spa experience.
- Thursday, February, 21, 2013 Do You YouTube?
Raise your hand if your business has a YouTube page.
According to Dave Doornink, marking director at Oregon Hot Tub in Beaverton, Ore., YouTube — the 3rd most popular website on the planet — is more than a hotspot for viral videos of cats playing piano: it’s a vital component of your business’ web...
- Thursday, February, 07, 2013 To Orlando, We Go
New year, new you. If your New Year’s resolutions involved sharpening your skills and bettering your business, there’s no better way to start than by making plans to attend Orlando Pool and Spa Show.
Taking place February 15-16 at the Orange County Convention Center, organizers...
- Thursday, January, 31, 2013 Down to Business in the Big Easy
Retailing — everyone does it differently. While some strategies are better than others, there’s no definitive science to retailing — other than the more money in your pocket, the better. We thought we’d get up close and personal with a retailer...
- Monday, January, 21, 2013 Social Media: Let Your Customers Do the Talking
- Thursday, January, 17, 2013 Sell More Hot Tubs By Selling Wellness
For the professional spa retailer, one mantra has prevailed over the past few years: To survive, you must adapt. One retailer who understands is Shawn Maynard, co-owner of Bullfrog Spas in Ogden and Layton, Utah.
“When the economy slowed down, it created more consumers that were more frugal. They would hold onto their money and had a harder...
- Tuesday, January, 15, 2013 Up Close Look: Glow in the Dark Tiles
- Tuesday, December, 18, 2012 Leapfrogging: Bullfrog Passes the Torch to New CEO
It was early 2011, and the then-CEO of Bullfrog Spas, David Ludlow, was with the board of directors. They had been courting Jerry Pasley, Jacuzzi's then-Executive Vice President of Sales, for a move to Bullfrog. The interview process was in full swing, and everything was...
- Monday, November, 19, 2012 Fire Destroys Columbia Spas Building
A fire destroyed one of Columbia Spa’s two manufacturing plants in Jefferson, Ore., Thursday night. The fire was caused by a baseboard heater that, once aflame, engulfed the building in 90 minutes. According to
- Tuesday, October, 30, 2012 The Semi-Inground Model Opens A New Market
"Meet me halfway."
You know the phrase. But this time, we're not talking about compromises. Instead, we're talking about the semi-inground pool, an aboveground/inground hybrid that can sit entirely aboveground, sink halfway or be entirely submerged.