- Thursday, January, 31, 2013 Down to Business in the Big Easy
Retailing — everyone does it differently. While some strategies are better than others, there’s no definitive science to retailing — other than the more money in your pocket, the better. We thought we’d get up close and personal with a retailer...
- Monday, January, 21, 2013 Social Media: Let Your Customers Do the Talking
- Thursday, January, 17, 2013 Sell More Hot Tubs By Selling Wellness
For the professional spa retailer, one mantra has prevailed over the past few years: To survive, you must adapt. One retailer who understands is Shawn Maynard, co-owner of Bullfrog Spas in Ogden and Layton, Utah.
“When the economy slowed down, it created more consumers that were more frugal. They would hold onto their money and had a harder...
- Tuesday, January, 15, 2013 Up Close Look: Glow in the Dark Tiles
- Tuesday, December, 18, 2012 Leapfrogging: Bullfrog Passes the Torch to New CEO
It was early 2011, and the then-CEO of Bullfrog Spas, David Ludlow, was with the board of directors. They had been courting Jerry Pasley, Jacuzzi's then-Executive Vice President of Sales, for a move to Bullfrog. The interview process was in full swing, and everything was...
- Monday, November, 19, 2012 Fire Destroys Columbia Spas Building
A fire destroyed one of Columbia Spa’s two manufacturing plants in Jefferson, Ore., Thursday night. The fire was caused by a baseboard heater that, once aflame, engulfed the building in 90 minutes. According to
- Tuesday, October, 30, 2012 The Semi-Inground Model Opens A New Market
"Meet me halfway."
You know the phrase. But this time, we're not talking about compromises. Instead, we're talking about the semi-inground pool, an aboveground/inground hybrid that can sit entirely aboveground, sink halfway or be entirely submerged.
- Thursday, October, 11, 2012 Arizona Dealers Organize For MAP Enforcement
The Arizona Pool Dealer’s Association is calling for stricter enforcement of minimum advertised price policies.
Bart Mitchell, president of the APDA and owner of Litchfield Park Pool Service in Litchfield Park, Ariz., says mounting frustration with slower sales prompted the organization to address MAP policies in meetings for more than a year.
“We’re just seeing fewer whole good units being sold,” Mitchell says. “We still do well in...
- Tuesday, September, 18, 2012 October 2012 AQUA Choice Winner
- Friday, August, 31, 2012 Bring the Golf Course to the Pool with the Floating Golf Green
Swimming. Golf. Combined.
We’re not talking about some all-inclusive resort, here: this is a floating golf green that allows your customers to enjoy their swimming pool and perfect their game at the same time.
Created by IntelliTurf. Inc., a company that specializes in synthetic grass, the...