- Tuesday, April, 28, 2015 Upselling at the Counter
Some retailers think in terms of square footage, but for Corinne Kraft, owner of Valley Pool & Spa and RB Control Systems, it's every second that counts. By making a point to upsell at the counter, she says retailers can see a significant boost in revenue — and all with sales pitches that take less than 30 seconds to deliver. The math backs her up:
- Tuesday, April, 28, 2015 Meet Kover Kritters: Fun Covers for APCs
Automatic pool cleaners are great, but there’s just one problem: they could be cuter.
- Thursday, April, 23, 2015 Goofy Staff Unites for Hilarious Marketing Videos
The best marketing campaigns mesh your brand and the message you're trying to promote in a memorable way. For pool and spa retailers, “fun” is key to getting and keeping a customer’s attention — and we discovered a retailer that completely nails it.
- Thursday, April, 02, 2015 Amazon Debuts New Retail Model
Earlier this week, Internet commerce giant Amazon revealed its latest innovation in retailing: a button. Not an online button, but a real button.
- Tuesday, February, 17, 2015 The New Marketing "Principal"
Bullfrog Spas’ latest marketing move isn’t an ad, a splashy new website or an extensive rebrand. Believe it or not, it’s a comedy about a high school principal.
In late 2014, the spa...
- Tuesday, February, 17, 2015 Business Briefs: February 2015APSP Announces Strategic Staff ChangesThe APSP has announced two strategic staff shifts within its ranks, including the addition of Patrick Giambalvo, Jr., and a promotion for Carvin DiGiovanni.Patrick Giambalvo, Jr., joins APSP as vice president of business development. Giambalvo comes to APSP from InfoComm, the trade association for the audio/visual industry where he served as the director of membership, education and certification...
- Thursday, February, 05, 2015 Mom & Pop Vs. The Big Box
Jeff Kirsch shoots it straight.
“The other pool store in town is not our competitor. Our competitor is Walmart,” he says matter-of-factly.
It’s a David and Goliath struggle many in the pool and spa industry can...
- Tuesday, February, 03, 2015 APSP Announces APSP University
Last week, the Association of Pool & Spa Professionals announced the launch of APSP University, a series of educational webinars hosted by industry experts.
The webinars, open to APSP members only, will target both industry veterans and fresh faces in a variety of tracks, including classes for...
- Tuesday, January, 27, 2015 An Aboveground Free-For-All
"What is this?"
"Is this an aboveground pool or an inground pool?"
"Did you screw up?"
According to Andrew Apple, general sales manager at Islander Pools (Albany, N.Y.), these are just a few ways customers have reacted to Radiant Pools' Metric Freeform. And it's an understandable response — an aboveground freeform pool is a striking turn from the standard models that have dominated the category for decades.
While the Metric Freeform is pricier than the...
- Tuesday, January, 27, 2015 Business Briefs: Late January 2015
Former APSP Staffer Moves to NSPF
The National Swimming Pool Foundation announced that Lauren Stack has joined its leadership team as mission development director – national accounts. Stack brings more than 20 years of experience and passion for growing the swimming pool, hot tub and aquatic...