- Thursday, April, 09, 2015 APSP Announces Discounted Payroll Service, Insurance
APSP has announced a new partnership with ADP, a national provider of payroll and employee management solutions, to offer APSP members discounted rates on health insurance, workers’ compensation insurance and payroll services.
- Thursday, March, 05, 2015 APCs: Cleaning Up In The Backyard
The more pools a service company cleans, the more money it makes. At the same time, service techs can add top-line revenue by taking the time to look around the backyard for additional sales opportunities.
- Tuesday, March, 03, 2015 Watkins Announces Acquisition
Watkins Manufacturing has announced the acquisition of Endless Pools, manufacturer of counter-current swim machines and underwater treadmills. The acquisition allows Watkins to expand its line of personal well-being products into the aquatic fitness category, opening new channels of distribution and access to a new customer base. Watkins Manufacturing will maintain the Endless Pools brand and Endless Pools’ headquarters will remain in Aston, Pa.
- Thursday, February, 26, 2015 Small Business Tax Relief Gathers Support
The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP) has joined 173 other industry organizations in a massive show of support for H.R. 636, the America’s Small Business Tax Relief Act of 2015. This bill would restore the small business expensing — sometimes called Section 179 expensing — level to $500,000, including limited improvements to real property and permanently index the level to inflation.
- Wednesday, February, 25, 2015 Selling Variable Speed
For decades, we put high-horsepower single-speed pumps on pools and watched those electric meter dials spin around and around and around. We created all this resistance to flow, and our customers paid untold millions of dollars in sky-high utility bills to overcome a problem of our own creation.
- Monday, February, 23, 2015 United Aqua Group Forms Relationship With POOLCORP
United Aqua Group, which operates Aquatech, AquaCommercial, and AquaValue, has announced an alliance with POOLCORP. A 52-year old buying group, UAG said it remains committed to its successful business model; however, it recognizes the immediacy often associated with its members’ need for same day or alternative products.
- Thursday, February, 19, 2015 The Science of Starving Algae
The idea of clearing a pool of phosphates in order to fight algae has been gathering momentum for years. The approach is simple: Since we know algae eat phosphates, we take away their food supply and starve them into submission.
- Thursday, February, 05, 2015 New Home Sales Stronger
Although the housing market was something of a disappointment last year — with flat sales in an otherwise moderately growing economy — some signs this winter point to a resurgence in this crucial sector for the pool and spa industry. (New home sales remain the best opportunity for backyard pool sales.)
Some of the biggest home builders in the U.S. are reporting a strong increase in sales in the latter half of January, citing an improving economy, continued low interest...
- Wednesday, January, 28, 2015 A Birthday Party At The Pool & Spa Show
- Given Aqua's close relationship with the APSP, I am surprised that there is no mention of the fact...
- Great survey information Eric. But I really, really don't like that slideshow viewer that contains...
- There is no way to lower pH without lowering alkalinity. However if you want the pH to be 7.4 and TA...