- Tuesday, April, 18, 2017 pHin: Here To Stay
What is pHin?
pHin is a water sensor that continually measures pH, ORP, and temperature. Once a month, the mobile app asks the customer to use a test strip, which it scans to access free chlorine, total alkalinity, total hardness and cyanuric acid.
How does it work?
- Thursday, April, 13, 2017 From Solo Owner to ESOP
By the Numbers
A study has found ESOPs appear to increase sales, employment and sales per employee by about 2.3 to 2.4 percent.*
* Source: Joseph Blasi, Douglas Kruse, and Dan Weltman, "Firm Survival and Performance in Privately-Held ESOP Companies," 2013
- Thursday, March, 16, 2017 3 Dealers on Why They Sell Tubs — and Skip Pools
Many pool and spa companies aspire to be all things to all people — a one-stop-shop, so to speak, for swimming pools, hot tubs, patio furniture, landscaping, decking and more.
While the "more is better" philosophy works for some, it's certainly not for everyone. In fact, with the birth of the hot tub industry came a different business model that's still around today: hot tub dealers who focus only on hot tubs — no pools, backyard furniture, nada. In lieu of generalization, these...
- Tuesday, February, 28, 2017 Would You Try a Hot-Tub Theme Park?
Get ready to add Beppu City to your travel bucket list. The Japanese city, which boasts the most natural hot springs in the world, is taking its passion for hot water to the next level by opening a hot tub-centric theme...
- Wednesday, February, 15, 2017 Backyards by the Hour
As we all know, just about everyone dreams of going home to a beautiful backyard — one with a pool, spa or simply lots of cushy seating under beautiful lighting.
The problem is, not everyone can.
Of course, such backyard paradises don't come cheap. And many deal with space constraints, especially in urban areas. (Not to mention those who rent and don't have backyards to begin with.)
In these people, who love the backyard experience but can't achieve it themselves,...
- Monday, February, 13, 2017 45 Years in the Sunshine State
The "Orlando show," as it's colloquially known, has come a long way since its inception in 1972. After modest beginnings as a hotel tabletop show, the "Spring show," as attendees often called it, blossomed in both attendance and square footage. Fifteen years ago, the show made the leap to the Orange County Convention Center, cementing its status as a bona fide trade show within the pool and spa industry.
This year, the show — renamed the Everything Under the Sun Expo in 2014 —...
- Tuesday, February, 07, 2017 Is "Virtual" The New Reality of Spa Sales?
Virtual reality is one of the biggest movements in technology right now, largely due to its simple premise: Just put on a headset and you can be transported to a whole new world.
Naturally, VR perfectly complements the gaming industry — its inherent qualities, like first-person perspective and the ability to look in all directions, blur the line between reality and the game world like never before. (It's no surprise that VR headsets were the hot item for Christmas.) At the same...
- Tuesday, January, 10, 2017 'License' to Service
One of the best assets a pool or spa company can have: a set of wheels. Sure, they get you from A to B, but they have another huge benefit: marketing space. Do it well, and your truck or van isn’t just a vehicle — it’s a mobile billboard.
Recently, we shared a roundup of truck wraps from AQUA readers all over the country. But we quickly noticed that plenty of you like to use every square inch of your truck to spread a fun...
- Thursday, January, 05, 2017 The Moneyed Market: Selling Spas to a Wealthy Clientele
For a spa dealer in the D.C. area, life is good. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, of the top 10 wealthiest counties in the country, five are found in the suburbs of America's capital (See a full list in the sidebar on the right.). With plenty of government jobs, and commanding salaries to go with them, pockets are considerably deeper — and that means more disposable income to go toward luxury products like, say, a hot tub.
That's a Wrap!
A picture might speak 1,000 words, but for a pool builder or servicer, a truck wrap can say way more than that. Why? Because it does the talking when you can't.
Maybe you're working your way through the daily cleaning route, and your bright truck catches someone's eye. The sight of happy swimmers on the truck door prompts a fellow driver to think, "Hmmm, that could be us. And we've got a perfect spot in our yard for a pool…"
Or maybe you're in the backyard servicing...
- I have read many "vs" pump standards and codes being implemented for 2021, but i fail to see much...
- The lady had a visit from Harvey the 6 ft. tall Puka rabbit Jimmy Stewart's friend. If you don't...
- Suggest that you consider that wives may be the breadwinners in some households. I agree with the 3D...