A man who suffered extensive burn injuries while working on pool equipment has been awarded $6.7 million. 

According to the story from The Desert Sun, Victor Regalado was testing a propane line in an underground vault in 2010 when it exploded. The propane, used for heating the pool, had accumulated in the vault and ignited during the testing. 

Regalado was hospitalized for six weeks after the incident; to this day, his torso and upper legs are scarred. 

The main defendant in the case was Jeff Callaghan, who was responsible for building the vault. The suit originally named four additional defendants, most of whom were involved in the pool industry, but they were dismissed as time passed.